Sunday, April 12, 2015

Spring in Minnesota

Now I don't know about you but there aren't many places in the world that you can have a snow storm, 70 degree weather and a rain/hailstorm in one weekend. Welcome to Minnesota and don't let our weather patterns fool you, the residents aren't as crazy as the weather.

Now on Friday morning I arrived at work to a snow storm. An I am talking blowing so hard you can't even see where you are going snow storm. It lightened up throughout the morning and pretty soon by like 10 am the sky was blue and our snow was melting.




This was my work that morning, and let me tell you it did not make for a good start to the weekend.

By the afternoon we had hit the 60s, and everything was great and forgiven. Winter had one last fight and had given up. 



This Saturday was beautiful. I spent some time with my goddaughter, and got to do a ton of planting with my mother. Everything in our garden is ready to go for summer. Today started off just as beautiful, and I really enjoyed it, we did some yard work and then my mother worked with our horses and then the storm rolled in.


This is what it currently looks like outside, and two seconds later it started hailing. I didn't get a picture because we were pulling in the plants off our deck because they can handle a thunderstorm, we weren't expecting the hail. LOTS of hail.

Now don't get me wrong, as an environmentally aware person I am fully ok with this downpour. We needed the rain badly. I even love thunderstorms, they are my favorite spring weather pattern. What I would like more though is for nature to decide on what they are going to give us. I would really like either more winter or just spring. No more snow that lasts for only a few hours.

So please Mother Nature if it's not too much to ask can we just pick a season already?



P.S. I leave you with this poor puppy who doesn't like storms as much as her mother does and has taken to hiding from them. She finally found her favorite spot.


2 comments:

  1. You do indeed have crazy weather! Hopefully spring will settle in one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well so far we have been having a run at spring weather and I am not complaining!! It's beautiful!

      Delete