Tuesday, April 21, 2015

More of my Garden

So I have yet to show you all of my growing things both inside and out, which seems a shame as there is so much more growing on the land!!! I am going to put at some point exactly which strain of each veggie we planted so that I can keep track of how much we got out of what we planted.

So first up are my blueberry bushes, two bushes got transplanted last year and we picked up two more bushes this last summer. The transplanted ones aren't looking so good, and I am not even sure one of them is a blueberry bush.


This itty bitty bush is one of the transplanted, and I think he will grow big and strong with tons of blueberries don't you? 





These are all freshly mulched with pine needles as blueberry bushes need highly acidic soil. Thankfully we have no shortage of pine trees on our property.

Next we have our apple trees, we have two but there are two huge ones down on my grandmothers farm that I intend to pick from this year, if they produce. 


They already have buds out so I am excited to see what the year brings for fruit!!

These trees usually produce pretty well for being fairly small and early in their life cycle. We got a few dozen off the tree last year and I hope to get just as many this year!

Last but certainly not least is probably my baby on our property. I love this tree and I have wanted one for years and so now that I finally have one I am constantly checking on it. My plum tree!


That nice big shoot on the top that looks a little ridiculous is brand new and grew last summer after we planted it. I cannot wait to get fruit from this tree, plums are one of my favorite fruits. 

And I suppose though this isn't veggie or fruit garden what would I be if I didn't show you our lawn art?



These are handmade by my father and my mother loves them so yes we have a million. Dogs are included as lawn art since they spend so much of their time on it haha. 

So at some point I am going to put up here exactly what strain of veggies I planted for future reference so that we can decide what we liked and didn't like, but that is down the line after everything goes in.

Until next time, happy gardening!!


2 comments:

  1. "Dogs are included as lawn art" LOL. Good idea to keep track of the various varieties of veggies you plant. We have certainly found our preferences but are glad we experimented. Good start for your fruit too. May it produce for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they certainly spend enough time laying around in and ON the garden I guess they have to be included haha!!

      Delete