Saturday, January 10, 2015

Thrift Store Finds

So I have been dealing with finals, finishing up the semester and getting ready for the holidays. All in a round about way of saying I have been busy, very busy. And unfortunately while that means my garden stuff got done, I haven't had much time for anything else. I have multiple things I want to post about. The first being a find, or rather a couple of things I found today at our local thrift store.

For the longest time I only used to buy book and the random toy at a thrift store. I don't know why, there are always interesting things to find there. I went because I had stuff to donate, of course I forgot all of it at home when I took the wrong car but that is a different story.

I went there because another fellow blog member was talking about how she went to her local thrift store and lo and behold they had pint jars! In perfect condition they had 10 pint jars!! Look at my pretty canning jars!! They didn't come with any lids but that's alright I always have to buy new lids and I have way more rings then I could use in a lifetime.


I got the half gallon size and all of them are in perfect condition! They had no cracks or chips! I was very surprised to get these as they usually run $8.99 for a 9 pack. I got them for $.69 per jar which puts my 10 pack at about $6.90. Not the cheapest I could have gotten them for, but they weren't that expensive either.


As you can see they are in perfect condition.

The other thing I got (that I have been bragging about to everyone at my work, they are probably ready to duct tape my mouth shut haha) was a new winter coat. I have an old Columbia jacket that has a few rips and tears and is missing the handle for the zipper and I usually use that when I am taking care of our horses. I also have a nice white jacket that always gets disgustingly dirty from wearing it everyday, so I have been contemplating getting a new jacket. And what do I find at the store? A brand new tags still on Columbia jacket. It had been sold for $250.00 at least that is what the tag claimed and I bought it for $30.00. A steal of a deal! 

I did wash it before I took a picture of it

I honestly don't think I am ever going to be shopping elsewhere. I think I am in love. Hahaha. 
Well at least I learned that you don't always need to pay full price for something when there is a person somewhere else willing to do it for you. Though I am very grateful that people donate to stores like this, it makes my budget a lot easier when I can find good deals like this. I try and donate everything I can to help give back to the community as well, and so I think the cycle goes on.



No comments:

Post a Comment