Sunday, October 26, 2014

Fall beauty!

It is gorgeous outside! The leaves have turned orange and red and the ground is covered with these bright colors. It looks like someone spilled sunshine all over the ground. It looks beautiful and I am reminded why this season is my favorite.



 The trees are turning all sorts of beautiful colors, and I just can't help but want to be outside enjoying the last of these beautiful days before we must hibernate indoors for the winter.




The air smells so crisp and fresh, with chilly mornings and gorgeous days it almost makes you believe that winter is farther away then you know. We had a few frosts, which made me cover my tomatoes and pull the rest of the garden, but then it turned around and got gorgeous again with daytime highs in the upper 60s and nights in the 40-50s. Indian summers they are called, I don't know why but I am grateful for them all the same. All of the windows of our house are open, catching the last of the fresh air before we have to close up for winter.

I think that it one of my main pet peeves of winter, you can't open the windows and get any fresh air inside so everything goes stale and musty. I have a lot of different scents that I open, yet you still can't beat that fresh, crisp, and clean air outside.

So I am outside as much as possible, and with a full time day job you can bet that's not a lot, especially when one has two night classes to sit through as well, but I make do and enjoy what I can knowing that soon the winter will be here and the earth will tuck itself away for sleep for a few months to again be refreshed and ready to grow my garden in the spring.


                          But these views are something to be enjoyed, and so I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment