Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pizza and Tomatoes

So last night we had a true frost. Down to 29 degrees brrrr! Our last remaining vegetable is our tomatoes and they have been covered for a few days now in the hopes that the temps would encourage them to ripen a little bit more. We are losing a lot to the ground each day but a few more get closer and closer to that beautiful red color!! I just can't give up hope yet!! We are supposed to reach the 70s here for the next week or so, maybe that will do them some good!!! Everything else has been pulled and put in the compost to be made ready for the winter days to come.

I still have to mulch and compost the beds but this is a good start. With temperatures in the 70s maybe I will be more motivated to go out and play in the beds! Well one can only hope haha.

You may be wondering why pizza and tomatoes? Well my family has a real love of frozen pizza, when we all come home from work and are tired it is so easy to just put one in and not think about cooking so I thought I would remedy that. I will be trying and scouring to find a good pizza dough recipe that I can make multiple batches from and freeze in single batches so that all we have to do is pull it out in the morning before work and then make it when we get home!

I will have to document my attempts and hopefully the recipe I found. There will also be taste testing tonight so maybe pictures of that as well!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Leah, I came by to return the blog visit and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on mine. Looks like you're just getting your blog up and running, so welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I like your idea of frozen pizza dough. Sounds like a great way to have a good home cooked pizza with the convenience of store bought frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Leigh!! I really appreciate the kind words! I will let you know how the pizza dough turns out!

    ReplyDelete