Saturday, January 17, 2015

Lazy Day

I know two posts in one day is awesome, but confession, I had this ready to go since Tuesday but with class and other things I wasn't able to publish it until today. (Bad Leah!) Although now I know how to set a post to automatically publish! So hopefully that won't happen again!

This past Sunday when we were getting our massive (so not) snow storm my whole family was able to just relax. None of us were working, which with my brother's work schedule is a minor miracle, and so we slept in and laid around. My mother made her homemade granola which is delicious as I was making breakfast. Then after looking in the freezer to uncover a multitude of bananas (what do they spawn in there?!) I decided that I was going to make banana bread.

My recipe is from my aunt and it is a favorite both in my family and out. Usually we just make a double batch which ends up to be enough for two loaves but we had so many bananas we had to make 5 batches!! YUM!!!

Aunt's Banana Bread

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1 & 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat your oven to 350 and cream your butter and sugar together. Add your vanilla, lemon juice, eggs, bananas and sour cream. Mix well. Add salt, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Pour into greased pans and bake for about an hour and a half. Or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!

I was only able to get the one picture of the banana bread before the ravenous horde descended on it.


Of course in our family by the time the first loaf was cool enough to pull out of the pan it was gone! We must have mice or something! (I sure didn't eat three slices)


You can also fold in chocolate chips at the very end for delicious chocolate chip banana bread!


No comments:

Post a Comment