Sunday, March 15, 2015

Planting season has begun.

Well it's official. Gardening season has begun. I may have started way too early, but that is fine by me. Hopefully and according to my phone it is not supposed to be colder then the mid 30s the rest of the week with some rain. One can only hope when planting this early in Minnesota. My luck would be that they would start to sprout and then we would get a huge snowfall and freezing temps for a week and I would have to start all over. But I am keeping my fingers crossed.



Do my garden beds look a little neglected? Well at least the mulch kept them healthy!


We planted a lot of stuff! Radishes, lettuce, spinach, kale, carrots, beets, and peas.



Hopefully my seeds will sprout! Give me sunshine Mother Nature!! And lots of rain!

All are mostly cold weather crops so hopefully they will do alright for now. We also got all the garden beds cleaned up and ready to go so that when warmer weather really does get here the beds can just be planted right away. We are planning on doing a second planting of everything in a week or so to give us a longer harvest time. We also got a head start on cleaning out the corral and stalls from the winter layer of poo that builds up and freezes. With all the warm weather the poo has been thawing. Which means a lot of cleaning for us, and a lot of manual labor.

I am just glad to get my hands in the dirt, with all the beautiful days it has been hard spending my time indoors. We also got a greenhouse from a silent auction that we are putting together, which means more seeds in the dirt!! I just cannot wait, soon summer will be here which means planting season will be in full swing with harvesting right around the corner. Ahh summer how I love the dirt and plants!


No comments:

Post a Comment