Sunday, February 15, 2015

Well I am still here, despite the cold!

Sorry for the long time between posts! I just haven't been doing much between working a lot of overtime and school while battling this brutal cold front that seems to have moved in permanently. There hasn't really been a lot going on lately, I have mostly just been out with friends trying to occupy my time elsewhere or doing reading for my class.

I hope everyone's Valentines' Day went well! I did spend the day getting a lot around the house as I am currently of the single relationship status :)

I did get to use up our last loaf of homemade bread making french toast, so this next weekend promises to be another baking day! I made blackberry french toast and bacon in the oven, which as much as I really liked not getting splattered by the grease was a little too time consuming for my taste. My father and brother loved it and made me promise to make more, both bread and french toast :)

See this is my plot, make them love the homemade stuff so much that they stop wanting to buy the store bought!!! (It's not a very elaborate plan but hey it works!!) We also made more firestarters, goodness we could probably be making them to sell we have so many! We made two more egg cartons full and have another ready to be ripped up! Wow does this family have a lot of lint!



I also went and got all our grocery shopping done, a chore I don't particularly care for as it involves so much money and with prices going up up up it gets harder and harder to get good food for a reasonable price. Thankfully we did have coupons, of which I am growing more and more fond of. Any little way to save money is good in my book.

Now it's time for laundry and more homework, along with some TV watching. Wow does winter get long or what?! I might go crazy before I am able to FINALLY dig my fingers into the dirt!

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day with your special someone ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment